The ‘Better Homes for the Future’ Strategy’ will transform Jacaranda Housing into a stronger, more sustainable organisation that is well placed to meet the needs of a changing society.
It begins a process of renewal and investment, providing Jacaranda Housing with the ability to purchase more fit-for-purpose homes in key communities across South-East Queensland.
As the strategy is implemented, Jacaranda Housing will continue to:
- Govern the organisation in the manner expected of a Company Limited by Guarantee legislated under the Corporations Act 2001;
- Maintain compliance with the National Regulatory System Community Housing (NRSCH) to ensure Jacaranda Housing retains its registration as a community housing provider allowing it to continue to house people in need.
- Review and amend its Constitution in collaboration with the membership of Jacaranda Housing;
- Develop strategies to increase the Housing Assets under management and ownership leading to the opportunity to house more community members at risk and facing housing stress;
- Encourage active feedback from tenants regarding Housing and Tenancy matters.
During this time Jacaranda Housing will continue to consult and inform members of the crucial decisions determined by the Board of Directors to ensure the sustainable future of the organisation.Better homes for the future